InnoDB and MyISAM both are default storage engines of MySQL database management system. However, database administrators prefer InnoDB over MyISAM as InnoDB provides ACID compatible transaction environment, and facilitates features like crash recovery, rollback, and commit. In order to manage valuable data on database, InnoDB uses various libraries. Despite these useful features of InnoDB, there occur situations when this storage engine gets corrupt and causes inaccessibility of your stored data. You are required to opt for efficient measures to repair MySQL database and overcome such unexpected situations of data loss. As a real life example, you may encounter the below mentioned error message, when InnoDB gets corrupt:
“Uncategorized SQLException for SQL ; SQL state [HY000]; error code ; Got error 134 from storage engine; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Got error 134 from storage engine”
After receiving this error message, your MySQL database becomes completely inaccessible. To fix this issue, it is recommended to understand the basic cause behind it.
Since this issue occurs due to the corruption of InnoDB storage engine, thus the reasons due to which, your InnoDB database gets corrupt are:
- Abrupt closing of MySQL application
- Malicious software or virus attack
- Abrupt system shutdown
- Corrupt MySQL application
These are some basic causes that are responsible for InnoDB corruption. However, there can be various other causes that can be responsible for the corruption of InnoDB. Below mentioned are possible resolutions to workaround the situation and recover data, lost due to corruption of InnoDB.
To resolve this issue and overcome such situation, you can try below mentioned steps:
- Proper and valid backup of data works as a boon in such situations. Therefore, if you have backup of your data, then you can easily overcome this situation as you can restore your data from it.
- However, if you do not have backup, then too need not to panic, as you can use ‘Repair’ command to repair corrupt InnoDB.
- If none of the above mentioned resolutions work, then use of an efficient MySQL repair software can do the needful for you.
Professional tools are ultimate resolutions to come out of such kinds of error messages and restore data. Reliable MySQL repair tool recovers data from damaged or corrupt InnoDB and MyISAM tables. Moreover, an effective tool of this category facilitates you simultaneous recovery of multiple databases. An authentic tool provides free demo version of its software. With the demo version of the tool, you can evaluate the features of the software and can see the preview of all recoverable database items.